Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Scatman

While I do haven't read anything that scientifically proves this, I've always thought of stuttering to be related to nervous tics, and therefore to Tourette's. Last night I actually listened to the lyrics of a favorite song, "Scatman" by Scatman John. I was floored by close to home the song hit, and I wanted to share it on my blog. I can't embed this particular video, so I'll post a link:


Here's the lyrics that speak to me:
Everybody stutters one way or the other 
So check out my message to you. 
As a matter of fact don't let nothin' hold you back. 
If the Scatman can do it so can you. 
Everybody's sayin' that the Scatman stutters 
But doesn't ever stutter when he sings.
But what you don't know I'm gonna tell you right now
That the stutter and the scat is the same thing. 
Yo I'm the Scatman.

No comments:

Post a Comment