Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I MET A TICCER!!!!1 :D

Today in my computer programming class, I noticed a student who kept twitching his eyebrows everyfew seconds. For those who don't spend large amounts of time with me, I'm always on the lookout for someone else with Tourette's. I think I spotted one once a looong time ago and I didn't go talk to him; ever since, I've been on the lookout trying to find somebody else who shares the condition with me.

So anyway my 'tic-dar' was going nuts over this guy, and I knew I had to talk to him after class. I've always practiced what to say if/when I meet someone, but of course all of that flew out the window and it was awkwardfest. I walked over and asked if he had tics, then explained that I have Tourette Syndrome and I'm always on the lookout to find somebody else with the disorder. He said he did have eyebrow tics, but that he hadn't been diagnosed as TS and also didn't have any other regular tics. We introduced ourselves, and as he so eloquently put it "it's nice to meet somebody else with the same problem."

We'll see if there's more to come!

1 comment:

  1. You do have amazing "tic-radar" and I know your motivation is earnestly communal and compassionate. I know you're sensitve to the fact that not all may be as emotionally open and developed as you.

    But your ability to reach out is a great gift and I admire the man you've become.

    ReplyDelete