Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Marching Tarheels begin!

Today was the first day of the Marching Tarheels Band camp! It was also my first day as an official trumpet, and it was awesome. Having recently picked up the trumpet it was much more difficult for me than most, but it was exciting. Last year I played on the drum line, but many there were many factors that influenced my decision for trumpet.

One of which is that a lot of the trumpet players are in Phi Mu Alpa Sinfonia, the music fraternity I am a part of. It is very exciting for all of the brothers to be back in town after a long summer without them. After not seeing them all summer, I forgot how significant it was to have so many people around me that I have such a deep connection with. No matter where we may interact on campus, the brothers support each other and mean a lot to each other.

Also, I went to the doctor about a wrist injury that happened a few days ago. I hurt it in my sleep, and after looking at the x rays it looks like it might be broken just a little bit after all. I have to go to orthopedics to get that all figured out - more about that as it comes.

More later - bed now. Goodnight, internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment