Friday, May 14, 2010

How Cool Being Cool Can Be

Yesterday I went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. When I pulled up to the speaker box menu thing, the girl at the other end introduced herself as Christina and asked for my order. Having just learned about how to interact with people at camp training, I thought I'd make it interesting.

"Welcome to Chick-Fil-A my name is Christina how may I help you?"
"Hi Christina, my name is Michael!"
"Good to meet you!"
"You too! Can I please have a number three combo with a peach milkshake?"
"Okay! Your total is X please drive around!"
"Alrighty, I'm excited!"
"Yaay!"

When I drove around I got a big smile and a wave. The person bagging the food and tending the register also seemed to be in a particularly good mood too! I left feeling good, and I hope they did too. Sometimes, its fun to be the customer who goes the extra mile.

PS, I typed this all on my new blackberry. Cool, but definitely a one time only thing.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. I knew there was a reason why we were friends...thank you for reminding me. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina from Chick-fil-a????

    ReplyDelete