Wednesday, October 7, 2009

System Reset

Hello friends, I haven't posted in a while!

I've had a lot going on in my personal and academic life lately. I've been skipping classes, not doing homework, staying awake when I should be sleeping and sleeping when I shouldn't, and now that I think about it I haven't been eating on a regular schedule, either. An issue that's kept me offline is that my computer is all screwy, and even though Dell has replaced pretty much every functional piece of equipment, it's still acting up. They're sending a replacement computer, but apparently it will take "7 to 14 business days" to show up - great!

I guess you could say I am working on developing myself as an individual and establishing my sense of emotional independence. Sadly this involved splitting up with Charlene, but I have to take care of myself before I can truly care for somebody else. She has also taken the time to develop herself, which is something that is very relieving for me to know. I have set up a thing with Campus Counseling and Wellness Services to help me achieve this goal, and I look forward to living the future relatively on my own.

This weekend, as a symbolic gesture for my rearranging and restructuring my life, I felt the need to totally reorganize my living area. My first attempt at this fung-schway (spelled incorrectly as a joke)was largely unsuccessful in that I got my room torn apart just enough to realize that it would be a two-person job to finish or put it back. I was stuck with my room a total mess; not what I had in mind for restructuring my personal life! Tonight (four days after I tore up my room) various fraternity brothers stopped by to help me move things around and clean out all the junk that's piled up since I first moved in in May. That in itself seems to be foreshadowing for the future.

Well, dear Internet, I hear my newly repositioned bed calling my name. I have an early class tomorrow that I'd rather not go to (sorry Lisa!) and other things to get done. I know International Feel Sorry For Yourself Day (IFS4Y Day)isn't until May 12, so I hope this post isn't an early celebration; I've had a lot on my mind, and I know that my dear friend the Internet is always there to listen.

Cheers,
Michael

3 comments:

  1. Snap out of it pupi. You can sing your way out of this situational depression.
    Stop wallowing in moody slop and start thinking positive thoughts. It's really that simple.

    Don't dwell on "oh the emotional pain (mine or hers)", "I'm so mean," "I'm so heartless." The truth is YOU'RE NOT!!! You're just thinking soundly about the future. Sooo, just think of positive upbeat stuff.

    YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!
    YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!
    YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pupi! You'll be fine, just be strong. I know you're overwhelmed with everything that has been going on this semester, but think happy thoughts. This is only temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I have no idea who or are or why you're calling me Pupi, but words definitely made me smile!
    I have a lot of positive things planned that I'm looking forward to, so I'll try to make sure I get pictures!
    -Michael

    ReplyDelete