Monday, October 19, 2009

Homework Frustration

So it's 4:30AM, and I have a confirmed case of "Sundaynightitis," meaning I doodled around all through last week and this weekend and now I have to stay up late to get it all done in time. Oops, it happens. I'm still having trouble with my sleep schedule, I'm going to really focus on that this week. Goal: get to bed at 11:45 every night, and be up and OUT OF BED by 7:30 AM.

I just finished a take-home music theory exam. It's mainly on chromatic modulations through various keys. It's really cool to type the progressions out on the computer and hear what they sound like. It's awesome to have the power to whip through tonalities like it's no big deal - it sounds so fluid and carefree but there's so much work that goes into writing these progressions. It's awesome!

Unfortunately my TS is very present at the moment. I'm very aware of the fact that while most people in my current situation would be fighting only sleep to get their work done, but my battle is with simply staying still. My muscles are getting achy teeth are beginning to hurt from all the pressure I keep putting on them. My tics have been following a pattern where I'll go dormant for a half a second: my eyes close and I can't move anything. It's the calm before the storm; then a completely unpredictable tic rips through my body. Sometimes it's a (relatively) simple body jerk, sometimes my body heaves and it feels like I'm going to throw up!

A few hours ago I went to Abby, my RA Mentor, to calm down a little bit and relieve some stress. I hung out with her and another RA for a while, laughing and having a good time. It really helped to have a break like that! I love where I live and the people around me, I can't imagine it any other way.

After finishing my Music Exam I thought I'd write a little bit about what's going on before finishing up my Computer Programming, which explains this post. Anyway, I have a few things to write about once I get caught up with work, so more to come soon. Shalom!


3 comments:

  1. So . . . let's see . . . staying up all night, the tics get more intense.
    Abuse the body/brain, body/brain kicks your butt.
    Saying "I'm getting to sleep by 11:45 pm" but drinking caffeine and eating a ton of Mexican just before will get it done; NOT!
    Good thing you've got wonderful peeps around you and you love where you live. Make nice to your body/brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't discount the rosary when it's late and you're staring into the abyss. it's a great sleeping tool.

    ReplyDelete