Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Awesome Recording Studio

Ben and I in the recording studio

So my aunt and cousin came along with my mom to visit me this week . My aunt (Jean) and cousin (Ben) are from Cincinnati, OH so it was really awesome that they came. Ben is 15 years old and he and I are good buds. So anyways, our moms rented out this guest house type thing near Jordan lake.

Me doing my best to keep a pitch and remember the words!

Little did they know at the time that the guest house that they rented was half-house half-recording studio! After we talked to the guy who owned the place and he found out we were both musicians, he left the studio unlocked for us to play around with whenever we want. It was stocked with a full drumset, a grand piano, a double-keyboard set up, a Fender Stratocaster and a few mics. Ben sat down at the drums and I grabbed the Strat and we had a rockin good time. We played things like Hotel California and Mad World as well as random stuff we made up on the spot. We didn't actually record anything, we just played the instruments and had a good time.


Ben rockin' out on the drums




1 comment: